✅Understanding the position and your appearance on search engines is crucial for higher traffic to your site. This article will break down how Google and different search engines work to create your sites search results✅
Keyword positions history
This part of Collabim allows you to preview the development of the positions of individual keywords over time. Allows you to filter by the search engine and the label, as shown in the top bar:
You can also choose a period of interest. Setting the period then averages positions as follows:
- the selected range is within 14 days - it does not move, you will see the positions directly detected
- range from 14 days to 90 days - averages after weeks
- range from 90 days to 1 year - averages over months
You can also quickly find the word you are interested in using the Search box. There are three help columns in the report that can be used to sort the entire table:
- Index of Elasticity - the sum of all absolute changes in the line, expresses how much the word has changed frequently
- difference - the difference of the first and the last position, you will find so easily whether the word has moved up or down
- trend - the curve directive that determines whether the word has fallen or soared and how much, the exact trend calculation can be found below
It is also possible to view the trend curve for each word using the graph icon in the trend column:
The black curve expresses the trend, ie whether the position of the word has deteriorated or improved over the selected time period. The gray curve is the development of positions.
In order to track a whole group of words (whether or not by a label, for example), you can see this graph for the entire group in the top "Trend Chart for the selected period" tab.
How do we count the trend?
Equation of the trend curve: Y = a + bX
b = (sum (x * y)) - sum (x)
b is in this case the trend directive given in the last column and represents the slope of the curve.