✅Understanding the position and your appearance on search engines is crucial for higher traffic to your site. This article will break down how Google and different search engines work to create your sites search results✅
Keyword positions history
This part of Collabim provides insight into the development of individual keyword positions over time.
You will find a Keyword History Table where you can view keyword development and statistics over time
You can also choose the period you are interested in. Setting the period then averages the positions as follows:
- the selected range is within 14 days - it is not averaged, the directly detected positions are displayed
- range 14 days to 90 days - averages over weeks
- range 90 days to 1 year - averages over the months
In addition, you can use the Search box to find a word that interests you very quickly. There are three auxiliary columns in the report to sort the entire table:
- volatility index - the sum of all absolute changes of positions in the line, expresses how often the word has changed
- the difference - the difference between the first and the last position, so you can easily see if the word has moved up or down
- trend - the slope of the curve to determine whether the word has been falling or rising and how much
Next, you will find the Trend chart of the selected date, where you can find the calculated average positions for each date and the overall trend in the graphs.
The red curve expresses the trend, i.e., whether the word position deteriorated or improved based on the selected time period. The blue curve is the development of positions.
How do we count the trend?
Trend curve equation: Y = a + bX
b = (sum (x * y) - sum (x) sum (y) / n) / (sum (x ^ 2) - sum (x) ^ 2 / n)
a = sum (y) / n - b (sum (x) / n)
b is in this case the trend line given in the last column and expresses the slope of the curve.
You can find simulation on real data with gradual calculation here.